What can I put in cere package for someone recovering from breast reconstruction

(4 Posts)
Diamond25 Sat 04-Jul-20 10:18:46

Looking for some suggestions to put in a care package gift for someone that has just had breast reconstruction surgery. It’s for my nail lady. I wanted to get something other than flowers. I am in Australia so it will have to be ideas of small things to put in a basket that I could get in shops here.
We have The Body Shop & a chemist similar to Superdrug. Also dept stores similar to Debenhams. Also Mecca make up/skin care store.

OP’s posts: |
BMWL Sat 04-Jul-20 10:25:51

I think hand cream is always nice to receive because it makes you feel a bit pampered!
I've recently had surgery and I received a gift of a voucher to treat myself & husband to a nice coffee and cake once I'm feeling better. I think that's a nice gift because it gives us something to look forward to doing.
I received flowers off a lot of family - I felt bad but had to bin a lot of them because I simply didn't have the space or empty vases to put them in

Sparticuscaticus Sat 04-Jul-20 10:40:58

Magazines and books.
Disney+ subscription for 2 months (at £6 a month) for her DC whilst she's recuperating (& she might like the marvel and star wars films)

Diamond25 Sat 04-Jul-20 14:59:43

Thank you that’s great ideas. Ir’s coming into winter here so I was thinking of some fluffy socks & lip balm too.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in