Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tummy Bug Please Help!

(9 Posts)
Mellieandmin Wed 26-Sep-07 13:58:00

My baby is 5 months old and has had diarrhoea since last Thursday. She has also been sick a number of times, only during a bottle at which time the whole previous part digested bottle seems to come up too. It only happens every 4th or 5th feed. Please help, first baby and very confused. When is she likely to get back to normal??

Many thanks for and help

bossybritches Wed 26-Sep-07 15:03:19

Is she hot? Is she geting enough fluid? might be worth getting her checked by the doc or practice nurse make sure she's not dehydrated. Poor little love & poor you! If it's a bug horrible though it ia it's best to work it's way through the system.

binkleandflip Wed 26-Sep-07 15:04:10

It's going around unfortunately, we've all had it at our house - 12 thing - but perhaps she needs some rehydration powders

bossybritches Wed 26-Sep-07 15:08:24

Oh deep joy binkle we have that latest bug to come then? I've noticed the coughs & colds are starting already

<sigh> Little bug-monsters

binkleandflip Wed 26-Sep-07 15:54:51

sorry, meant to say 12 hour thing - dd had it thurs/fri and dh sat/sun...thought I was getting it yesterday but it's holding off so far...

Mellieandmin Wed 26-Sep-07 19:09:00

Thanks to all for replying, never done this before so it is so nice to hear from other people.

She hasn't had a temperature to speak of throughout and have been to the docs twice who say she is not clinically dehydrated.

It just seems to be taking so long and her sickness is so random. She was sick Thursday night, Saturday night and Monday night, its like her stomach gets 'full' and then throws it all back. She is still only on about half of what she usually eats 6 days on.

How long do these things usually take? She also has reflux which we treat with Infant Gavisgon which I guess is all adding to the mix.

Nappies (page yellow) coming thick and fast still.......

xx

bossybritches Wed 26-Sep-07 21:06:16

Just working through then Mellie.

Try giving her little & often with food & fluids.

Rice/scrambled egg/marmite toast if she likes that(salty so she'll drink more.)

When DD's were like that I used to throw the rulkel book out the window re diet, let them have what they want in moderation. As long as she's keeping water down te restr will sort itself out.

bossybritches Wed 26-Sep-07 21:07:36

Gawd typos!!

RULE book and the REST will sort itself out!

Tired brain sorry grin

Mellieandmin Fri 28-Sep-07 10:07:02

Thanks for advice (she is not weaned yet, only 5 months) however, am pleased to say we just worked through it and after a week of little of no feeding she woke up at 4am this morning STARVING!!! Has not stopped eating since )

Hey ho, now just got to get her back into the habbit of sleeping through and think about introducing baby rice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now