Talk

Advanced search

Pelvic pain

(4 Posts)
Isrhisavalidusername Tue 30-Jun-20 09:10:06

Didn't know how to title this as I don't have pelvic pain so much as I keep getting stabbing sensations in my womb area. I'm not in pain more discomfort. I seem to get this sensation when I have wind and don't know if it could be connected to that or if it's something else?
I know a doctors visit is probably necessary but given the situation I'm bothered about calling them and wasting their time.

OP’s posts: |
Literallyfedup Tue 30-Jun-20 10:11:45

Do you have a bigger uterus size than normal. It can happen if you have adenomyosis, in late perimenopause or hormonal imbalance. A big uterus near your bowels can give stab like pain when uterus is contracting or even during ovulation or simply wind.
Another reason could be scar tissue caused by previous abdominal surgeries.
A GP might do an ultrasound to rule out anything serious but if it anything of the above there is not much that can be done. But you should still see your GP because it could still be something that could be treated.

Isrhisavalidusername Tue 30-Jun-20 10:30:39

Thankyou for your reply.
I did wonder if it could be peri menopausal related as I'm pretty sure I'm going through it. I'm 43 and in the last year or so I have had a range of weird symptoms and hormonal problems, trouble sleeping etc. The stabbing sensation I'm getting does definitely seem to be related to wind though. I'll call my GP and see what they say as far as I know they're only doing telephone consultations.

OP’s posts: |
Realitea Tue 30-Jun-20 14:45:45

I’ve had this on and off for about five years. Really excruciating pain. I finally got an ultra sound just after last Christmas.
They suspected endometriosis or scar tissue but nothing was found. I’ve put it down to having IBS.
I’d get it investigates though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »