What is this skin change - picture attached

(3 Posts)
Skyisbluetoday Tue 30-Jun-20 00:20:44

It started around 1.5 years ago and has slowly spread. It was not really bothering me up until a few months ago, but is now itchy and burns. Should I be worried?

OP’s posts: |
Longdistance Tue 30-Jun-20 00:23:02

It looks like thrush. But, do go to the gp and get it checked out properly. They can investigate further and/or prescribe something.

ArabellaRockerfella Tue 30-Jun-20 18:41:34

Pretty sure it's Tinea versicolor, a fungal infection of the skin. It's also called pityriasis versicolor and is caused by a type of yeast that naturally lives on your skin. Your GP can give you a cream and body wash.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in