Talk

Advanced search

UTI????????

(7 Posts)
seekinghealthadvice Sat 27-Jun-20 19:17:38

Hi All,

two weeks ago I had symptoms of a UTI was seen out of hours and prescribed 3 day course of antibiotics, on finishing the course I was feeling better however a day later, symptoms returned. GP advised I extended course for 7 days. Course finishes but still feeling constant urge to pass urine and burning sensation.

GP prescribed 2nd course of antibiotics and sent sample to lab. Sample came back clear. A day and a half after finishing antibiotics symptoms return........back to out of hours, they have said dipstick shows leukocytes and blood but as sample is clear I don't have a urine infection and I need to go back to my GP.

I have filled in the form to speak to a GP on Monday....not looking forward to the pain for the rest of the weekend!

Anyone else experienced this and any ideas what it could be?

OP’s posts: |
seekinghealthadvice Sat 27-Jun-20 20:33:37

Hopeful bump.

ManualFlusherSnot Sat 27-Jun-20 20:43:07

I’m sorry I can’t help, but I feel your pain. I suffer with recurring UTI’s.
I don’t know if it will help you, but when I last had a UTI which didn’t go away with the antibiotics, I took some cranberry tablets. I took 2 in the evening, 2 the next morning, and 2 mid morning, which really helped. I think the bacteria can’t handle the cranberry. But just be cautious as too many cranberry tablets can give you the shits.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

daytripper28 Sat 27-Jun-20 20:44:59

Are you drinking plenty of clear fluids and staying off caffeinated drinks and alcohol??

Lightsareon Sat 27-Jun-20 20:45:26

You'll get the same advice over and over on here OP, you need a supplement called D-Mannose, best one I've found is from a company called Sweet Cures. I suffered recurrent UTI's, sometimes lab test would come back showing something, sometimes not and antibiotics never worked for long before symptoms were back. I only ever need one dose of D-Mannose as soon as symptoms start now and it goes completely, although you might need to take it for a longer period if your current infection is really bad.

I think there are so many different bacteria that can cause UTI's that tests struggle to pin down which one it is and so which antibiotic you need to fix it. Bacteria can also sit in 'pockets' in the bladder so aren't actually present in your urine to show up on the test but are still causing symptoms. Honestly give the D-Mannose a try, I've no idea why it works but it definitely does. Delivery is usually quick with the company I use and I find paracetamol and drinking loads of water the best way to manage symptoms while you wait. Let us know how you get on flowers

seekinghealthadvice Sat 27-Jun-20 21:47:08

Thanks, I have ordered some d-mannose fingers crossed.

Lightsareon Sat 27-Jun-20 22:11:02

Really hope it works for you OP, I've told a few people in RL about it and it's worked for all of them plus loads recommend it on here so your odds are good smile Hope the weekend isn't too miserable and your delivery comes quickly flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »