Talk

Advanced search

Feel sick when I take a tablet??

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

justAquickQuestion101 Thu 25-Jun-20 23:04:09

Didn't know what topic to put this in or what thread, whatever you call it.
Am I weird, or does anyone else get this? Every time I seem to have to take a tablet wether it's paracetamol or the pill I physically feel disgusting when swallowing it? Like I hate the feel of taking tablets, it makes me cringe.. I assume this is pretty weird and completely pointless in asking but is there anyone elsegrinconfused

OP’s posts: |
AlCalavicci Thu 25-Jun-20 23:47:00

I cant give you any advice but you may want to ask your post to be moved over to the health board , there is bound to be someone there that can advise you .

To move your thread click on Report on your own post and message MN requesting it to be moved

LilyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 26-Jun-20 19:08:04

We're moving this over to general health for the OP. flowers

Literallyfedup Fri 26-Jun-20 19:30:47

My MIL is like that, the look of disgust on her face when she has to take a tablet is so bad that even I want to throw upgrin.

justAquickQuestion101 Fri 26-Jun-20 23:12:59

@Literallyfedup I don't know why I am like it because there's no reason for me to dislike them it's just something I can't manage to do without it making me feel horrid! Weird

OP’s posts: |
Witchend Fri 26-Jun-20 23:31:30

I'm not brilliant at taking tablets. I find the best way is to put a big mouthful of water, drop the tablet in top and take a huge gulp and immediately have two or three more gulps of water.
I have huge preference for sugar coated and circular.
Last time I had capsules (antibiotics) I struggled so much as they made me feel sick on top of it, so I think I will ask for liquid for next time. I could feel my throat closing up as I got the tablet out!

My 16yo is so good at taking tablets, she'll take 2-3 at a time without water. shock

Silvercatowner Sat 27-Jun-20 06:58:52

I'm ok with capsules but struggle with hard round tablets such as paracetomol. I crush them up and take them with a big gulp of squash.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »