Talk

Advanced search

Is this an age spot or...? (Photo)

(12 Posts)
spottyspot Thu 25-Jun-20 19:12:38

Just noticed this on my lower calf this morning. It's smooth, brown, kinda dryish so I've been moisturizing it. The thing is I'm only 35, of asian ethnicity, and don't spend a lot of time in the sun, no beach holidays etc.

How did I get it? And how do I get rid of it?

I suffer from anxiety so my mind went to a bad place, and then I read that most melanomas appear on the lower legs of females sad it doesn't follow any of the criteria for a mole though...

I don't have any of the risk factors either

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
spottyspot Thu 25-Jun-20 19:17:34

Anyone sad

0blio Thu 25-Jun-20 19:20:06

It looks like a little bruise to me with the yellow around it. It will probably disappear in a few days.

spottyspot Thu 25-Jun-20 19:25:17

@0blio thank you for your reply, you could be right, I have 2 little ones and always find random bruises all over. It doesn't really hurt when I press it but it's definitely possible

L0bstersLass Thu 25-Jun-20 19:49:16

I think it's a bruise too.

dreamingofyellowandnavy Thu 25-Jun-20 19:51:45

I am of Asian decent and I have these. I think they're sun spots.

dreamingofyellowandnavy Thu 25-Jun-20 19:52:23

I wear a lot of sun cream even though I tan easily.

spottyspot Thu 25-Jun-20 20:05:57

@L0bstersLass definitely possible!

@dreamingofyellowandnavy oh good to know! Any idea how to get rid of them?

dreamingofyellowandnavy Thu 25-Jun-20 21:54:46

Honestly, I think it's the sun. You just have to cover yourself really with subframes or layers. I'm really prone to them on my face. You can get laser. I had a few sessions and it made it lighter but I think the focus is on prevention. I wear 50+ everyday on my face come rain or shine. I have a few on my arms too.

dreamingofyellowandnavy Thu 25-Jun-20 21:55:07

*suncream!

dreamingofyellowandnavy Thu 25-Jun-20 22:01:48

It also could be a mark from a scar that's been highlights from the recent sun exposure. I get that too.

pinkgin85 Wed 01-Jul-20 13:21:03

@dreamingofyellowandnavy I just wanted to update! The mark is almost gone! I started applying glycocic acid toner to it twice a day. I use it on my face daily anyways so I just did it at the same time and moisturized after, it's gone!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »