Talk

Advanced search

Lost coil strings

(4 Posts)
Katierose34 Wed 24-Jun-20 09:54:53

Hello, I'm just back from doctor. I was hoping to have my coil removed so we could ttc but she can't find the strings. She said come back in a few weeks and if she cant find them I will be referred to hospital.
Anyone else having similar problems??

OP’s posts: |
ineedsleepineedsleep Wed 24-Jun-20 09:57:30

Mine are also lost! I realised I couldn't feel them probably about 18 months ago and went to the GP to make sure it was OK. She sent me for an internal scan & they confirmed the coil was in the right place but the strings were just too far up to find. I don't want it removed yet so haven't done anything about it but when I do they have said I'll need to go to a family planning clinic instead of the GP to have it taken out.

Katierose34 Wed 24-Jun-20 10:17:04

Thanks for replying, I haven't felt them for a few months and had previously told her this vut as I wasn't needing it removed at that time she said it wasn't an issue.
I'm worried it will be a long wait!

OP’s posts: |
ineedsleepineedsleep Wed 24-Jun-20 10:33:04

Yes - we're starting to think about TTCing #2 early next year and I was thinking I will have to plan in advance to get it removed in time to let everything settle down first! If you've told her you haven't felt them for a while seems a bit pointless to wait a few more weeks...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »