Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's Hayfever gone nuts?

(9 Posts)
Pebble21uk Tue 23-Jun-20 11:28:54

I routinely take a daily antihistamine between May-Sep for hayfever and that usually controls things. Sometimes if out in the car and the window has been down, I'll get steaming, itchy eyes for an hour or so.

Yesterday and today my hayfever has gone totally NUTS! I know the pollen count is VH at the moment - but my nose is constantly streaming, my sinuses are swollen so I can't breathe properly and I'm regularly sneezing. I can't understnad why it's suddenly so bad?

I'm sat inside with all the windows closed. I live semi-rurally near fields but have done for years. Wondering if the fact I've been shielding due to asthma is having an effect on it as I haven't been exposed to 'the great outdoors' much this year - just the garden.

Anyone else had their hayfever go crazy??

OP’s posts: |
Literallyfedup Tue 23-Jun-20 16:57:29

Mine has. Everytime I decide to go out , I come back with a blinding headache and sinus issues. The last time I suffered so much was in 2010. My nose is not congested since I have started sterimar saline spray but the rest is just getting terrible every passing day.

Pebble21uk Tue 23-Jun-20 18:00:58

Thanks for the reply Literallyfedup - I think I have some sterimar somewhere - might try that.
Got so bad and was affecting my asthma so I emailed the docs and she called me back. She said she's never had so many people finding it really bad this year. Anyway - she's prescribed me Montelukast which is supposed to help both allergic rhinitis and asthma!

Finfintytint Tue 23-Jun-20 18:07:39

I have never suffered from hay fever( in 50 years ) until I moved to mid Wales when I suffered quite badly. I’ve since moved to Scotland and this year it’s been ridiculous. Permanent itchiness, wateryness, and wheezing.
I’d moved from a rape seed abundant area to a place that’s constantly raining so why?

georgedawes Tue 23-Jun-20 18:14:05

Mine is off the scale too, taking everything possible and never had anything like it.

IndieRo Tue 23-Jun-20 18:20:03

Mine is crazy. I haven't until this year had hay-fever since I had my oldest child 12 years ago.

Pebble21uk Tue 23-Jun-20 18:23:26

I read something that said it's because we had such a dry May... and then something else said that because we had lots of rain recently everything grew again and now it's gone dry it's hugely increased the pollen.
It was REALLY windy yesterday when mine became so bad, so I thought it was probably from blowing the pollen around so much!

hiredandsqueak Tue 23-Jun-20 18:32:24

Mine is awful just now, getting very little relief from it despite taking antihistamines and using a nasal spray. It wakes me in the night and again about 5am. It's years since it was this bad.

Literallyfedup Tue 23-Jun-20 20:34:33

My husband is already on montelukast because of his asthma and still suffering from hay fever though he feels better than myself. Without montelukast his eyes waters and itch and he sneezes a lot. I am just happy that he has stopped sneezing 5 am in the morning because with my headaches just don't go with his sneeze fest grin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »