Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

pain during sex

(8 Posts)
vannah Tue 25-Sep-07 12:52:20

And its been going on for a long long while. My DS is nearly 2, and sex since he was 3 months old, has always been v uncomfortable. Tried lots of lube, tried varying positions. Sometimes feels like a deep pain - ie feel pressure on my cervix, and often a more superficial pain - whereby the actual skin on vaginal walls (sorry to be so graphic) feels sore. Still. After 2 years! Is this normal?
I had a transvaginal scan to see if there was anything wrong, but all looked ok. Ive had STD tests, and been treated for 'possible' pelvic inflammatory disease. But still the pain continues and I dread having sex.
Im currently 7 months pg, and remember having great sex in first pregnancy. Not this time round though.

Any suggestions or similar experiences? (ive been to gp a few times, they think its in my mind..sigh)

Pitchounette Tue 25-Sep-07 13:24:38

Message withdrawn

Pitchounette Tue 25-Sep-07 13:26:35

Message withdrawn

funnypeculiar Tue 25-Sep-07 13:27:18

Not sure if this is relevant, but a mate had awful pain after/during sex, which turned out to be an appendix.... Apparently diufficult to diagnose as there's no test for grumbling appendix. Might be worth menioning next time>

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 25-Sep-07 14:31:20

Am sorry to read this.

Deep pain during sex can be indicative of endometriosis. This is not picked up on any initial tests like ultrasounds or swabs. It's usually only diagnosed through a keyhole surgery op called a laparoscopy.

Would ask for a referral to a gynae and do not be fobbed off (have heard, "its all in the mind" comment and its not). Many GPs are to my mind useless when it comes to dealing with such issues and would nto recognise endo when presented with a classic case.

vannah Tue 25-Sep-07 19:53:15

thanks for replies everyone. Ok, will go back to (totally unsympathetic) doctors, and ask for a referal to gynacologist. Though they are probably going to tell me to wait until several months after Ive had the baby, then Im going to have to argue and remind them that it takes several months on waiting list to be seen!

Pitchounette I did have a smallish episiotomy, but the pain is in a larger area than that one point where I was cut.

Pitchounette Wed 26-Sep-07 13:11:18

Message withdrawn

vannah Wed 26-Sep-07 13:47:55

thats a good idea - I might try to approach my midwife first. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now