Talk

Advanced search

Starting Levothyroxine

(2 Posts)
Coconutbutt Mon 22-Jun-20 13:02:17

Hi, not really asking anything in particular just wanted to see what other people have to say on it. I have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism - honestly wasn't really expecting it as the only reason that I had a blood test was because I was getting headaches all the time. From looking at other posts I can see that it does really affect some people badly. My TSH level is 34.4 which I know is very high but I honestly don't feel that bad! obviously now I know I have this there are some things that I have just been passing off as normal which I now realise are not (tiredness, irregular periods) also recently I have been getting joint pain and we have been trying to conceive our second child with no success. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

OP’s posts: |
Doublethecuddles Tue 23-Jun-20 13:51:29

I am on levothyroxine as I had my thyroid removed last year as it was cancerous. My experience is that it can take quite a while to get the right dose, and after starting about 2 weeks before you start to notice a difference. I was recommended to take it first thing in the morning and wait 30 minutes before eating or drinking anything.
I can’t comment on you TSH as at my last blood test mine was 0.3!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »