Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Wisdom teeth - how do you know if it's them?

(10 Posts)
numptysmummy Tue 25-Sep-07 09:04:59

My left jaw really hurts at the back - like i've opened my mouth too wide. No tooth ache or gum pain but getting worse,hurts to yawn,eat,shout! Could it be wisdom teeth moving down?

numptysmummy Tue 25-Sep-07 11:59:10

Bump

sandcastles Tue 25-Sep-07 12:01:55

Might be, but to be honest, sounds more like you could have been clenching/grinding in the night which will cause similar symptoms.

Pain killers as & when & if still persists/gets worse after a few days, see your dentist.

biglips Tue 25-Sep-07 12:02:07

if it behind your jaw and near towards the ear..then possibly a ear ache...but ive never heard of W teeth moving down??..only up!

biglips Tue 25-Sep-07 12:02:39

or yes same advice as Sandcastles

sandcastles Tue 25-Sep-07 12:03:54

Upper wisdom teeth move down!

numptysmummy Tue 25-Sep-07 12:05:19

Meant up - in lower jaw! Not ear ache,def jaw ache. Been all wkend.

PestoMonster Tue 25-Sep-07 12:06:34

Go & get it checked out at the dentist. They can do an x-ray to check whether wisdom teeth are becoming impacted.

biglips Tue 25-Sep-07 12:07:05

ahh right!....possibly youve been grinding your teeth together overnight.. Happens to me when im stressed - aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

numptysmummy Tue 25-Sep-07 12:10:42

Will make a dentist appt,thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: