Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

High temp - what next?

(6 Posts)
Lucyand2 Tue 25-Sep-07 08:57:46

My one and a half year old DD has had a temperature since returning from playgroup yesterday. She seemed a bit floppy so I gave her some calpol and she perked up within half an hour. I gave her some more before bed but her temp has gone up again this morning. I've given her some more calpol and she seems okay, but I was wondering how long to give it before taking her to the docs. I'm assuming the docs will tell me to keep giving her calpol so it seems pointless going unless she really needs to!

Olihan Tue 25-Sep-07 09:06:13

I tend to just alternate calpol and infant ibuprofen and leave the docs until they develop more symptoms. Like you say, docs can't do anything with temps and if the calpol is perking her up then it's probably nothing to worry about.

littlelapin Tue 25-Sep-07 09:09:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Tue 25-Sep-07 09:10:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lucyand2 Tue 25-Sep-07 09:18:48

Thankyou for the advice! DD seems fine and is eating/drinking as normal so I'm not too stressed (unlike a couple of weeks ago when she had a tummy bug and I panicked a bit too much!)

KAZRED Fri 28-Sep-07 12:40:17

HELP, GOING ON HOLS 2MORO AND OLDEST SON GOT TEMPERATURE. IS IT WISE TO GO, MEANT 2 B GOING TO SPAIN??? SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE!!![SAD]

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: