Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Gift Suggestions for someone with cancer

(6 Posts)
mybrownbearbarney Mon 24-Sep-07 23:21:32

Just wondered if anyone had some suggestions for what to send an elderly relative with terminal ovarian cancer - treatment has been stopped as it is no longer working. She is still active, but I don't know for how long.

She lives abroad - so nothing too heavy to post.

I was thinking along the lines of a body lotion/shower gel from Crabtree & Evelyn. I don't know her taste in books/music etc. However, perhaps there is something more appropriate - if anyone has had experience of looking after a terminally ill friend/relative.

Many thanks.

PillockOfTheCommunity Mon 24-Sep-07 23:24:54

are there any other relatives near her? if so, perhaps arrange to send them some money to take her out somewhere? give her a good memory rather than material things?

policywonk Mon 24-Sep-07 23:25:48

Something snuggly - a light cashmere blanket? (Don't know how much you want to spend.) I bought my mother (who has cancer) a knitted mohair wrap a couple of years ago, and she loves it because it's light yet warm - she can carry it around easily.

mybrownbearbarney Tue 25-Sep-07 14:30:16

Thanks for your ideas. She lives in Australia - might be too warm for a blanket. A good idea though.

Any others???

littleboo Tue 25-Sep-07 14:31:26

How about something like a special treatment, spa type, hand massage or foot massage something relaxing and gentle.

onlyjoking9329 Tue 25-Sep-07 14:46:57

Does she enjoy reading /audio books? or maybe an mp3 player with an audio book on it.
you can buy gift vouchers from amazon for books and stuff.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: