Talk

Advanced search

Eye infections, back, leg and foot pain

(2 Posts)
Justbequiet Sat 20-Jun-20 14:35:04

14 weeks ago I randomly got what turned out to be an infected chalazion in one eye, which I was prescribed antibiotics for. It's gone down a lot now but there is still a little lump on my eyelid. At the same time, I started getting pins and needles in my legs, numbness in my toes, and my left foot was so painful I could barely walk. The pain got a bit better but then started in my right foot, and its so bloody painful. It's much worse in the mornings, but my legs constantly feel tight and sore and pains run up and down both legs regularly - and last week I also got another infected chalazion in my other flipping eye, which I had more antibiotics for. I've been referred for an MRI scan which is on the 3rd July, but now my back has started to really hurt and I just don't know what to do. The physio hasn't replied to any of my emails for nearly 3 weeks and I'm just at a loss now. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with anything like this or what it could be? Thinking a herniated disc but I would have hoped it would have healed by now. I do yoga/pilates everyday and walk a lot too and generally keep as active as I can, but I'm running out of energy now and just don't know how much longer I can take this pain and discomfort. I just need to see some kind of light at the end of this tunnel!

OP’s posts: |
underneaththeash Sat 20-Jun-20 19:38:17

Recurrent chalazions are usually due to blocked meibomian glands. A simple eye examination can help you to detect the type it, but we're still triaging at the moment so this leaflet should help you to treat it. Things like old make-up can also have heavy bacterial loads, so it's best to chuck any eye make up that you've had for over 6 months, just to be on the safe side.

www.moorfields.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/Blepharitis.pdf

I don't know of any systemic association between chalazia and the other symptoms you're having, but obviously if you're run down or have a co-existing condition that isn't being treated, you're more likely to get other infections.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »