Talk

Advanced search

Can allergies make you cough?

(10 Posts)
WowLucky Fri 19-Jun-20 17:26:49

DH has had a cough forever. I've often asked him to see doc, but he hasn't.

Since lockdown and wfh, it has been much much worse, to the point that he is regularly coughing himself sick and he has now finally spoken to the doctor who has sent him for a chest xray, waiting on results.

It's just occurred to me that for the past 12 weeks or so, while it's got so much worse, he's been working in our box room, which really needs a clear out. I did suggest he did it before moving his stuff in but what he actually did was make just enough space to get to the desk. It's very dusty in there. Might it be that which has made the difference?

OP’s posts: |
rosydreams Fri 19-Jun-20 23:56:29

yes my other half has a feather allergy and it makes him cough .His mother always joked about it.So weird she never got him checked

When he came to live with me he kept coughing and i remembered something.How we have asthma in my family and feathers could aggravate it.So i chucked all my feather pillows and he stopped coughing.At his mothers house he had a feather duvet

TeaForTara Sat 20-Jun-20 00:00:37

Yes, I get a cough early in the hay fever season most years. Some kind of pollen I’m allergic to, but instead of making me sneeze and my eyes run, it makes me cough.

thaegumathteth Sat 20-Jun-20 00:02:42

Yes our daughter coughed for years and we thought it was 'just' her asthma. Then the cat died when she was 7. No more cough.

stophuggingme Sat 20-Jun-20 00:04:15

Apple and kiwi make me cough

PickAChew Sat 20-Jun-20 00:05:07

Yes. My hayfever makes me cough. Strong perfume makes me cough. Air fresheners make me cough.

I'm not even asthmatic but these things really make my throat itch.

PickAChew Sat 20-Jun-20 00:06:26

Feather pillows make me cough really badly - and they do get me to the point of being wheezy.

SamSeabornforPresident Sat 20-Jun-20 00:06:47

Hayfever made me cough a lot at the end of March this year.

Bit awkward.

flibbertmygibbert Sat 20-Jun-20 00:12:13

I have a dust allergy among many others and I cough and cough and cough in dusty rooms. Does he also get a tight chest?

Lynda07 Sat 20-Jun-20 01:01:54

Yes, I cough because of allergies, always have.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »