Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

concerned about ds

(7 Posts)
loopylou6 Mon 24-Sep-07 15:54:44

school phoned me today to come and get ds (8) said he was very hot and felt sick, i went to get him and he wasnt hot at all hmm but said his tummy was sore i think it is sore because he has been swinging from a tree (after being told not to i might add) and we alsow ent the fair yesterday and he went on one of them trampoline things for 20 mins,he was bouncing round and doing somersaults, so i suspect he might have pulled a muscle, we have had a similar incident to this a little while ago where his tummy pain cleared up which i thinkw as again caused by swinging in trees (this is why he was told not to do it again) when we got back from picking him up i gave him some ibuprofen which i think helped coz he was a lot more lively when it kicked in. SO am i right in thinking he could of pulled a tummy muscle by doing the said things? or am i being to flippant? (sorry to ramble but i am very anxious about illnesses and tend to worry alot) thanks u lot. X

fryalot Mon 24-Sep-07 16:07:00

hi

If you are sure he had no temperature, then you are probably right.

Keep an eye on him just in case, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Ime, schools tend to panic a bit and ring home just in case there is something wrong, rather than because there is iykwim

If he's not sick and doesn't have the runs, I'm sure he'll be fine.

loopylou6 Mon 24-Sep-07 16:16:52

thank you squonk, there is no sickness or the runs at the mo, thanks for answering x

fryalot Mon 24-Sep-07 16:25:14

sorry I'm not an expert, but didn't want you worrying all on your own

smile

SlightlyMadSweden Mon 24-Sep-07 16:26:55

My DTD1 got sent home a couple of weeks ago with what turned out to be probably trapped wind....she was fine after it 'passed'

loopylou6 Mon 24-Sep-07 16:31:48

lol thats nice of u squonk smile thanks for that slightlymad smile

loopylou6 Mon 24-Sep-07 16:31:48

lol thats nice of u squonk smile thanks for that slightlymad smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now