Talk

Advanced search

Urethral Diverticulum or urethral prolapse? Anyone willing to share their experience?

(1 Post)
Namechangedashamed Tue 16-Jun-20 19:43:27

Feeling a little desperate here. I had my baby 8 months ago and there is something clearly not right with my urethra. I had a look down there because my skin has been irritated and sore on and off in places since around a week after I gave birth and I noticed that where my urethra is there is a round bulge about the size of a marble. My uretheral opening seems to be above this and is basically obscured by it. At first I thought it may be a prolapsed urethra but after lots of googling it doesn't look like the photos and my urethral opening still appears to be flat from what I can make out, only with this bulge underneath it. I now think it may be urethral diverticulum, however from what I have read this is very rare. I can't think what else it would be though.

I do have some stress incontinence and a bit of leakage but have had that for a number of years already since my first dc and I wouldn't say it had got a lot worse really.

I have spoken to the gp about the soreness and have been given some cream to try (unsure if it is related). But I am reluctant to go into the surgery at this time and the GP also seemed a little reluctant.

Just looking for some experiences in the meantime so I can know what to expect.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »