Sticking plasters for young tennis players

(6 Posts)
notevenat20 Sun 14-Jun-20 22:10:39

DS is 8 and a keen tennis player. He has a big blister on the thumb of his playing hand. Does anyone know sort of plaster/tape etc would be likely to stay on and still let him grip the tennis racket?

OP’s posts: |
UrgentDoughnut Sun 14-Jun-20 23:38:40

Yes you need to get the Compeed plasters. They're designed to stay on , they're waterproof and you don't take them off - they'll start to peel when they need to come off. They form a protective bubble around the blister and don't budge

notevenat20 Mon 15-Jun-20 00:12:05

UrgentDoughnut. Are they ok for hands? The adverts seem to focus on the heel of your foot.

OP’s posts: |
FelicityHarlow Mon 15-Jun-20 00:23:47

Yep. They come in different sizes and stretch to fit. Have a google

FelicityHarlow Mon 15-Jun-20 00:24:38

Sorry posted too soon! I meant to say I also use compeed and have used on the hand before and they're really good so I second the recommendation

notevenat20 Mon 15-Jun-20 09:07:34

Just ordered "small" compeed blister packs. Thank you!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in