I know I need to talk to a GP

(4 Posts)
OneTooManyBathtimes Sun 14-Jun-20 17:43:31

BUT I've been through this before with several GPs and even had a scan to be told they can't see anything wrong, maybe it's a hernia (it's not, we've done the tests they said to do).

I've got pains in my hips/abdomen area at the front where I guess the ovaries are. There were no cysts on the scan, given the all clear, and have since also had first smear test that came back clear. It feels like someone digging their fingers into me and twisting. Some days it hurts a little, others a lot. One one occasion I couldn't lean my arm on my stomach because the pressure was too mich.

I am not pregnant, and seems totally unrelated to my periods.

It is both my left and right sides, although more on my right.

Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Foobydoo Sun 14-Jun-20 17:48:43

Have you ever had abdominal surgery? I have similar pain and I have adhesions. My pain is a twisty pulling pain.
Also ask to be checked for bowel issues as that could be causing it.
The other thing that causes similar pain is endometriosis.
All just guesses though unfortunately, I hope the G.P can help, it's hard at the moment though.

Moondust001 Sun 14-Jun-20 17:53:02

Yes, assuming all the usual exclusions have been done, I'd suggest a gynecologist- possibly endometriosis, but could be adenomyosis. Ask your GP for a referral.

OneTooManyBathtimes Mon 15-Jun-20 19:50:07

Thank you both. No, I've never had abdominal surgery.

Not heard of adenomyosis so will look into that, but never thought it might be endometriosis either. Saying that, my sister has it I think. She passes out from the pain at times.

I'll give the GP a call and see what can be done.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in