Talk

Advanced search

Coccyx pain

(4 Posts)
Keeponsurviving Sun 14-Jun-20 14:11:11

Does anyone else still get coccyx pain years after birth? It comes and goes and is never as painful as when i first gave birth. Just wondered if it will ever go away completely or if theres any exercises i can do. Physio told me there was nothing that could be done and it will heal eventually. I do pilates and enjoy walking

OP’s posts: |
Keeponsurviving Mon 15-Jun-20 12:11:54

Anyone?

OP’s posts: |
Bolsover Mon 15-Jun-20 22:09:49

Yes I still do years after giving birth - when I sit on a hard chair. I use a coccyx cushion for work which helps. It can be miserable - I really sympathise.

TwoDrifters2 Tue 16-Jun-20 21:42:33

Mine isn’t so much birth related but the day I brought my baby home from hospital I slipped down the stairs when answering the door to the health visitor. Deadly combo of new slippers and new hallway carpet. I landed with a crash on my backside on the edge of a stair and honestly thought I’d broken something.

4 and a half years later and I still find it excruciating if I’m sat on a hard chair and then try to stand up quickly. I have to brace myself for it and breathe out slowly as I stand.

From everything I’ve read, coccyx pain shouldn’t last this long. But mine definitely has. Sorry. I know that’s not much help!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »