Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

nasal spray for ear congestion?

(5 Posts)
Ulysees Sun 23-Sep-07 22:34:25

I went to my gp as I've been lightheaded for a while. It started after a long haul flight. Gp say's it's ear congestion, said my ears looked 'dull'? and gave me a nasal spray. Is this normal?

Kaloo20 Mon 24-Sep-07 01:08:29

After AB's didn't clear an ear infection I was given a nasal spray. I had to hang over the seat ofa chair so my head was upside down and squirt spray then stay like that for 20-30 seconds. GP thought mine was a sinus related

Sorted it out in a few days :-)

lesson learnt: never ever swim in a pool tended by owners. No professional pool man = no swimming.

3littlefrogs Mon 24-Sep-07 04:15:29

Your eardrums look dull when the pressure behind them is high due to a build up of fluid.

Normally this would drain down into your nose through a thin tube (eustachian tube). However, when there is congestion the tube gets blocked.

A decongestant nasal spray can help to shrink the swollen tissue and allow the pressure in your ears to ease.

The condition probably started due to the high pressure in the cabin on the flight.

HTH

corblimeymadam Mon 24-Sep-07 19:51:14

Message withdrawn

Ulysees Mon 24-Sep-07 21:13:09

Thanks guys, it is working smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now