Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

i have burnt my arm...

(14 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ju Sun 23-Sep-07 22:16:49

MMJ - how big is the scab ie as big as a 50p piece, as big as the palm of your hand ?

<Ju adjusts paedriatric first aid cert on wall>

elesbells Sun 23-Sep-07 22:17:56

if its still red after this long i would go to the doc, you may need antibiotics.

3Ddonut Sun 23-Sep-07 22:19:08

a burn can be very sore, but my stock advise as always 'if in doubt see your GP' That's what they're there for. Hope it's nothing.

3Ddonut Sun 23-Sep-07 22:25:53

fine!!!!!!! Practice nurse? If it's bothering you that much???......

3Ddonut Sun 23-Sep-07 23:02:33

Thankyou!!!! exasperatadely takes a bow!!!!

madamez Sun 23-Sep-07 23:05:59

Burns hurt like fcuk even when not serious. I know this because I sparyed myself with hot chicken stock about a month ago and am stil scarred.
COnsult a pharmacist (ie go into Boots and ask to see the one on duty). They will either sell you something that will ease the pain or tell you you need a GP. Not enough people consult pharmacists. Pharmacists are v. useful.

3Ddonut Sun 23-Sep-07 23:08:30

good point madamez. I'm still scarred from when I burnt my arm on the oven in 2005

NappiesGalore Sun 23-Sep-07 23:14:30

i think you can get cling film like dressings now, which would cover it up and at least stop it rubbing on things... thats half the prob isnt it? i swear ive seen plasters like that... clear. allow the burn to heal underneath and you dont peel it off, just wait for it to fall off.

dont think ive made that up. try the pharmacy in the morning...

Aitch Sun 23-Sep-07 23:17:11

i think nappies is right, you know. either way, maximum sympathy to you, they really hurt.

NappiesGalore Sun 23-Sep-07 23:23:46

they do they do.

next time; KEEP IT UNDER THE COL TAP FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES.

ive always ignored that advice (well, the cold hurts after a minute or so doesnt it?) until last time... i STUPIDLY picked up a saucepan by the metal handle i had just taken out of the oven (yes, im a dickhead) . was sure i had fkd my hand for several months. did the cold water for 5 minutes or more.... and LO and BEHOLD, was fine the next day.

had been planning a whole big sympathy thread on here too [dickhead again]

seriously, it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now