Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How many poos a day is normal?

(5 Posts)
familygirl Sat 22-Sep-07 22:06:53

My sons seem rather frequent! 4 year old usually 2-3 a day (and quite a lit too! srry tmi!) and bf 3 month old 6-8 times a day... I'm a bit concerned about both! Should I be?

scienceteacher Sat 22-Sep-07 22:10:27

With a bf baby, it is normal to have several a day, and also normal to go just once a week. You judge on overall health rather than number of poos.

Niecie Sat 22-Sep-07 22:16:28

My DS1 used to go several times a day whilst he was in nappies and 3 or 4 was not uncommon at 3. After being potty trained at just gone 3 he slowly started to do less until now he only does one a day. I don't think 2 or 3 is that bad. DS2 sometimes does 2 a day although not always.

Bf babies quite often do loads to and my boys both did quite a few.

If they are both growing and healthy I don't think you have anything to worry about, although you have my sympathy over the amount of the day you must be spending sorting out poo!wink

Niecie Sat 22-Sep-07 22:17:19

Should have said that DS2 is 4 now.

fihi Sat 22-Sep-07 22:21:13

my bf dc (all3)poo'd constantly til about 6mo, had air fresheners everywhere paranoid about house smelling of poo!! Everybody's different, and if ds1 seems well then no worries!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now