Talk

Advanced search

Piercing question

(4 Posts)
4catsand1dog Sat 06-Jun-20 15:04:20

I’ve had my ears pierced for over 30 years. I don’t change the earrings or fiddle about with them. For the last two weeks one piercing has been weeping (a lot) at the back which then dries to a crusty mess. I’ve washed the lobe with salt water and diluted dettol (and the earring which is now removed) but it keeps weeping. It’s not sore or painful. Does anyone have any idea why?

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sat 06-Jun-20 15:35:40

I dont think you should have removed the earring as that would have helped it to drain. Boiled salted water is supposed to be good for cleaning and helping it to heal

4catsand1dog Sat 06-Jun-20 16:32:42

I’ve removed the earring today to give it a really good clean. Unsure whether to put it back in or not.

OP’s posts: |
Elphame Sun 07-Jun-20 13:29:34

You've possibly developed a contact allergy to the metal or maybe the butterfly back. Do you have an alternative high quality pair you can wear for a bit and see if that solves the problem? Needs to be a different composition obviously. Titanium or gold preferably.

Otherwise it'll be a skin infection. I had to get some Fucidin cream from my GP for one of my cartilage piercings last year. Worked like a charm. You could try TCP or Hibiscrub as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »