Talk

Advanced search

Black baby poop (Includes image)

(2 Posts)
Sophaia Fri 05-Jun-20 11:25:52

Hi all, my 1 year old son had a slight stomach bug for the last 2 weeks and it gradually went away on monday however left him doing poos that were green with some black bits in it. I put it down to him getting over an infection and left it at that. However yesterday he did a massive fully black poo, we went through all the usual suspects to see if he had eaten them but his diet was limited due to him not wanting to eat. We contacted the doctor and they sent us straight to the hospital, however the hospital didnt give me any information or any idea what ig could be and sent us home. Checked his infection markers and haemoglobin levels, asked if he is on iron supplements. Everything came back normal but I am confused at what to do now as this morning he did a brown poo with black in it again. Has anyone had any experience of black poo and if so what did you do?? I feel like cause of Covid he wasnt looked at as thoroughly as he should have been, we literally got sent home and told just to monitor him.... What if something is wrong internally? I am so worried.

OP’s posts: |
ItsAHardKn0ckLife1 Fri 05-Jun-20 11:37:29

Could you call the GP back and tell them there has been no improvement and you are very concerned? flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »