Long-term fatigue - advice

(3 Posts)
HerculesMulligan Mon 01-Jun-20 19:59:22

I was really unwell last year in late pregnancy - the baby and I are both doing well but I am really struggling to get my energy back.

DH is brilliant and does far more than his share of night feeds and early mornings but we're in "shielding" lockdown with a DS who's 6 and a baby DD, and I'm back to working part-time, building up to full-time, so life is pretty intense.

I am finding the ongoing fatigue really frustrating; it's unpredictable and I hate not being able to do even the very limited things I can do, like take a walk with the pushchair for an hour a day at a quiet time.

We live on a no-through road where the lovely neighbours know we're shielding and so I walk with the baby at lunchtime and they all keep their kids in for an hour or so; the adults know we're shielding and keep a good distance away. But on warm days I can't do the distance I want to (not much, about 3km) and I did about half that today and have spent the afternoon feeling like a wrung-out dishrag.

Other than vitamins (I'm doing that) is there anything else I can do to try to shake this off? Or am I fooling myself that there's anything I can do about it at all?

OP’s posts: |
Mangofandangoo Mon 01-Jun-20 20:09:47

If I were you I would have your thyroid levels checked. Imbalances can be quite common after childbirth.

I have hashimotos and it can really play tricks on you.

Hope you feel better soon thanks

WhoWants2Know Mon 01-Jun-20 20:57:27

I would second a check of thyroid levels, vitamin D, Iton and B vitamins.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in