Talk

Advanced search

Paranoid about a brain aneurysm?

(3 Posts)
worried23xxx Sat 30-May-20 14:32:56

I have always had headaches so I had an MRI in 2014 and a CT scan of my head last year and both scans were fine.

But lately I have had bad headaches that are different than usual I can feel a constant pulsing in my head and wooshing in my ears/ringing in my ears and I don't have high blood pressure. Its not like a migraine its like pressure in the back of my head and my neck gets sore sometimes.

Its made me paranoid that I have some sort of unruptured brain aneurysm/tumour from what I have read.

My question is would the scans I have had ruled this out? I know CT doesn't see soft tissue.

How fast do they grow? And do I need a check up again?

OP’s posts: |
TabbyStar Sat 30-May-20 14:43:50

Aneurysms don't normally cause any pain unless they haemorrhage and you'd know about that! Your scans should have picked up anything troublesome, but it's possible something has been missed. There are loads of not serious reasons for headaches, but go back to your doctor if you're worried thanks

Vinosaurus Mon 08-Jun-20 09:43:58

Look in to idiopathic intracranial hypertension.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »