Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
I had my top right wisdom tooth extracted on Thursday. Straight forward extraction, no issues but Thursday night the clot dislodged so called the practice in the morning and the dental nurse said wait till today to start salt water rinses instead of starting them yesterday so a new clot can form. But then last night the second clot came out while I was just having a drink of water. I'm worried about infection and dry socket, having had both with a previous extraction. What's best to do? Start the rinses anyway or wait to see if another clot forms again? I really feel like I should be cleaning it at this point but equally don't fancy getting dry socket 😬