Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ok slightley strange one any ideas?

(10 Posts)
AwayWithTheFaries Fri 21-Sep-07 11:31:07

yesterday for lunch we had chip shop chips and for tea i had beans on toast come about 9 pm i was feeling really bad with a upset tummy felt really sick and had D managed not to be sick (i cant do sick!) had to get dp home from work ds and dp fine i also had this about 3 weeks ago when we had chip shop chips for tea all the ned day was feeling really bad btw its different chip shops so any ideas?

Niecie Fri 21-Sep-07 11:34:04

I am wondering if it is too oily for you. Do you eat a lot of other oily or greasy food or are these chip shop chips the only time you have something like this?

SlightlyMadSweden Fri 21-Sep-07 11:34:55

My brother cannot tolerate chips...they make him physically sick. I think the fat content is too high.

PhoenixSongbird Fri 21-Sep-07 11:36:46

I lurve chip shop chips but they really don't like me. Nothing else affects me in quite the same way.

AwayWithTheFaries Fri 21-Sep-07 11:39:20

glad its not just me then yeah they are the greasest food we have but its only been the last 2 times iv had them?

PhoenixSongbird Fri 21-Sep-07 12:17:23

IME these things can and do suddenly flare up. They can also suddenly get better as well, though.

PhoenixSongbird Fri 21-Sep-07 12:17:52

Best thing about MN is that you can find out it's NEVER 'just me' grin

ReigateMum Fri 21-Sep-07 12:24:40

Chip shop chips tend to be fried in oil which has been re-used many times. It means it breaks down the structure of the oil and makes it much worse than if just fried in 'new' oil, IYSWIM?

Not sure, but I think it may also make them harder to digest, which would account for your stonach pains.

I get the same thing sometimes.

olivo Fri 21-Sep-07 12:37:36

i get this if i eat anything deep fried in a a pub or take away. only started in the last few months; i either feel or am sick. i think all of a sudden, my body just cant handle the oil.

Niecie Fri 21-Sep-07 12:42:30

I have a similar sort of thing with pizza which can be pretty greasy sometimes. Not sure why sometimes I can take it and other times I can't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now