Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

red rash on cheeks when teething???

(7 Posts)
pistachio Fri 21-Sep-07 10:45:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

imagineafullnightsleep Fri 21-Sep-07 11:18:43

My lo - now 12 months, gets really terrible nappy rash when he's teething (to the point, where the skin is completely broken - it's horrible). And, he also gets a red speckly rash on his cheeks. He ususally gets the rash about 3/4 days before a tooth actually comes through - and the nappy rash for a good few weeks before the tooth appears.

loopylou6 Fri 21-Sep-07 11:21:13

both of my children ahd the redness on the cheeks when they where teething, i dont know what it is but its obviousley something to do with teething lol, saying that if the rash starts to look at all lacey or she gets it anywhere else then take her the docs, coz red cheeks can also be a sign of 5th deseise

loopylou6 Fri 21-Sep-07 11:21:47

that should be desease, god i can be dim lol

pistachio Fri 21-Sep-07 11:25:42

loopylou6 Fri 21-Sep-07 11:57:57

5th disease is just a virus, nothing to worry about although sufferers shouldnt come into contact with pregant women whilst contagious, it is also called slapped cheek syndrome, simpley because the little ones look like they have been slapped across the cheeks lol, it is more than likely just teething though.

pistachio Fri 21-Sep-07 13:52:51

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now