Talk

Advanced search

Circular rash

(7 Posts)
FoffHayfever Wed 27-May-20 12:50:51

Hi all,
Was scratching my elbow yesterday as it felt really itchy, then felt some bumps, took a look in the mirror and have some weird circular rash going on. Any ideas what it could be? Can't get to a doctor at the moment as car can't be used.

OP’s posts: |
ILoveMyMonkey Wed 27-May-20 12:54:53

Looks like a bullseye rash caused by a tick. When I had the same, the drs gave me antibiotics even though the risk of Lyme's disease was minimal he said it's best to take antibiotics rather than risk it. You should get in touch with the drs to be safe.

Noeuf Wed 27-May-20 13:06:39

Ringworm. Looks exactly like it. Very common very contagious very treatable. Go check with a decent pharmacist and hopefully get a tube of fungal treatment and you'll be fine.

dementedpixie Wed 27-May-20 13:09:05

Do you get eczema? Could be discoid eczema or ringworm

BlackeyedSusan Thu 28-May-20 23:00:46

I get a rash that looks like those with insect bites.

I would watch out for the bullseye rash though as not getting treated can lead to long term problems. dd's bulls eye only lasted a day, before changing.

FoffHayfever Fri 29-May-20 06:06:45

thanks for all the replies!
I was just thinking though every bullseye rash ive looked at online has the 'dot' in the middle of the circle but mine doesn't? It looks redder today its definitely not going away, still itching.
I want to see a doctor but I wont be getting my car back for a few weeks, my dad was going to be picking it up for me from a garage but they're all in isolation now because mums got the virus and unfortunately my doctors surgery isn't within walking distance.
i'll be worrying about it now!

OP’s posts: |
SteelyPanther Sun 31-May-20 08:35:21

Ringworm. Go and see your pharmacist.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »