Need talking down!! Abnormal bleeding

(3 Posts)
MentalUnHealth Tue 26-May-20 13:32:52

I've had some abnormal bleeding and bleeding after sex I went to a private GP as couldn't be seen because of covid at my usual surgery.

She was lovely and took swabs (she could tell just by looking that I had a heavy yeast infection and she was right it came back positive) and did a pelvic exam and had a good look at my cervix (she said in her words "looks completely normal and healthy") I also had an ultrasound which showed no cysts fibroids or anything else sinister.

Still this bleeding is only getting more frequent and heavier and so my question is can I still have cervical cancer and my cervix look normal?? I'm really bloody worried so anyone that's clued up can you please talk to me sad

OP’s posts: |
MentalUnHealth Tue 26-May-20 13:44:09

Just to add- my smear last year was low grade abnormal cells and HPV and had a colposcopy and confirmed CIN1 no treatment needed so had another smear jan this year and it came back as just no HPV present.

OP’s posts: |
Louise000000 Tue 26-May-20 14:23:53

2 of my friends have had cervical cancer and both times the doc could feel it on examination if that's any reassurance. I've just started a similar thread, I've got pain but no bleeding!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in