Talk

Advanced search

Need talking down!! Abnormal bleeding

(3 Posts)
MentalUnHealth Tue 26-May-20 13:32:52

I've had some abnormal bleeding and bleeding after sex I went to a private GP as couldn't be seen because of covid at my usual surgery.

She was lovely and took swabs (she could tell just by looking that I had a heavy yeast infection and she was right it came back positive) and did a pelvic exam and had a good look at my cervix (she said in her words "looks completely normal and healthy") I also had an ultrasound which showed no cysts fibroids or anything else sinister.

Still this bleeding is only getting more frequent and heavier and so my question is can I still have cervical cancer and my cervix look normal?? I'm really bloody worried so anyone that's clued up can you please talk to me sad

OP’s posts: |
MentalUnHealth Tue 26-May-20 13:44:09

Just to add- my smear last year was low grade abnormal cells and HPV and had a colposcopy and confirmed CIN1 no treatment needed so had another smear jan this year and it came back as just no HPV present.

OP’s posts: |
Louise000000 Tue 26-May-20 14:23:53

2 of my friends have had cervical cancer and both times the doc could feel it on examination if that's any reassurance. I've just started a similar thread, I've got pain but no bleeding!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »