Talk

Advanced search

Social distance birthday dinner

(3 Posts)
in2dagroove Fri 22-May-20 15:06:50

Relative will be 60 next week and is inviting me to dinner in her garden, observing distancing . I want to go but I am really scared of catching the virus ! Her job involves visiting vulnerable people so she has been more exposed than me , as I have been able to work from home. I can't really see how this arrangement would work safely without it turning into a bit of a farce eg do I take my own cutlery and glass etc? Using the loo as well? What would you all do? She is a close relative therefore it is not easy to simply dismiss her invitation without causing offence, or is it? I really don't know what to do

OP’s posts: |
Idododoidadada Fri 22-May-20 15:39:15

I wouldn’t go.
It’s agaisnt government rules.

www.gov.uk/guidance/answers-to-the-most-common-topics-asked-about-by-the-public-for-the-coronavirus-press-conference

“Why am I allowed to meet in a park, but not in my garden?
You can now see one other person from a different household in an open public space. This has to be one-on-one, outdoors in an open public space and obeying strict social distancing. You cannot visit friends and family in their homes, including in private gardens”

rosie39forever Fri 22-May-20 17:14:38

Madness don't do it, all these people stretching the rules to suit themselves is going to contribute to a second peak and we'll be back to square one with 900+ deaths a day. Many people have had to celebrate special occasions during lockdown.
This person works with vulnerable people!!! I wouldn't want them visiting one of my relatives.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »