Social distance birthday dinner

(3 Posts)
in2dagroove Fri 22-May-20 15:06:50

Relative will be 60 next week and is inviting me to dinner in her garden, observing distancing . I want to go but I am really scared of catching the virus ! Her job involves visiting vulnerable people so she has been more exposed than me , as I have been able to work from home. I can't really see how this arrangement would work safely without it turning into a bit of a farce eg do I take my own cutlery and glass etc? Using the loo as well? What would you all do? She is a close relative therefore it is not easy to simply dismiss her invitation without causing offence, or is it? I really don't know what to do

OP’s posts: |
Idododoidadada Fri 22-May-20 15:39:15

I wouldn’t go.
It’s agaisnt government rules.

www.gov.uk/guidance/answers-to-the-most-common-topics-asked-about-by-the-public-for-the-coronavirus-press-conference

“Why am I allowed to meet in a park, but not in my garden?
You can now see one other person from a different household in an open public space. This has to be one-on-one, outdoors in an open public space and obeying strict social distancing. You cannot visit friends and family in their homes, including in private gardens”

rosie39forever Fri 22-May-20 17:14:38

Madness don't do it, all these people stretching the rules to suit themselves is going to contribute to a second peak and we'll be back to square one with 900+ deaths a day. Many people have had to celebrate special occasions during lockdown.
This person works with vulnerable people!!! I wouldn't want them visiting one of my relatives.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in