Talk

Advanced search

Soolantra Rosacea

(16 Posts)
NotPayingAttention Thu 21-May-20 20:37:21

Anybody any experience they can pass on please? I am just on the 2nd night of using this (fingers and toes crossed for it!)

Reading the leaflet which says to use a pea sized amount on the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and then to generally rub in all over the face. Okay but is it a pea sized amount for each area or one pea sized amount for the wholae face? It's such a small tube I don't want to waste any if I can help it or overdose on the stuff to the point it has detrimental effect!

Thanks for any advice...

OP’s posts: |
NothingIsWrong Thu 21-May-20 20:39:53

I use this - pea sized amount for each area of the face. The tube lasted a month at that rate. It's been life changing - my skin is a million times better now than it was 6 weeks ago. I'm genuinely astounded.

2pointfourmonkeys Thu 21-May-20 20:43:40

I use a pea size amount all over. my gp said I could have a repeat prescription every 2 months and i got 2 months and 3 days out of the 1st tube using that amount.
I saw an improvement after a week, with flares every 2-3 weeks. I still have some stubborn areas around my mouth, but generally my face is back to how it was before this all started 2 yrs ago.

BigBairyHollocks Thu 21-May-20 20:46:17

I use it too, and use a pea sized amount on my checks and chin and into my neck. I don’t use on my forehead because it’s always been clear. It worked really well for me.

NotPayingAttention Thu 21-May-20 20:48:31

Brilliant thankyou both so much for the advice. I'm really hopeful for it to work as this has been going on for a few years now! I would say I'm only a moderate case so I'll go easy and see how it goes.

NotPayingAttention Thu 21-May-20 20:49:44

@BigBairyHollocks thanks!

HorsesDoovers Thu 21-May-20 20:49:56

Same here, pea sized amount on each cheek and my forehead, it cleared up my rosacea in weeks after 15 years of suffering!

Anotherlovelybitofsquirrel Thu 21-May-20 21:06:31

Oh this sounds promising. I suffer terribly from rosacea on my cheeks. Where do you all get this from please?

Kitsmummy Thu 21-May-20 21:14:16

Can I ask if people are using this to reduce redness? I don't get the rosacea bumps but I do have the redness and am wondering if this would work for me?

Sheepskinslippers Thu 21-May-20 21:24:49

It reduced redness from spots and inflamation/irritation so overall my cheeks were a lot less red, but not the redness from broken capillaries. I had those zapped with ipl and get a top up couple of sessions every year to keep them at bay.

I get my soolantra online from Pharmacy2U. You fill in your symptoms and they can prescribe it to you.

Anotherlovelybitofsquirrel Thu 21-May-20 22:07:40

@Sheepskinslippers thank you so much smile. It's giving me an error thing atm, I'll try it again tomorrow.

BigBairyHollocks Thu 21-May-20 22:13:15

I paid to go privately to a dermatologist, who wrote me a script for that and for antibiotics, which I think were called tetracycline. Finished the antibiotics over a year ago and now just just on the Soolantra which I get prescribed from the GP now.

Kitsmummy Thu 21-May-20 22:17:28

Yes thank you Sheepskin...I'm getting the same error message currently but will have another go tomorrow

NotPayingAttention Thu 21-May-20 22:27:32

Thanks all for your replies, I'm really happy to hear it's been working so well! I got my Soolantra cream from the independent pharmacy online. I think superdrug also offer a similar service.

Eloisedublin123 Fri 22-May-20 22:20:04

Try kalme cream too I have roseacre and find it legend

gubbinsy Fri 22-May-20 22:23:38

I get it from the GP - it's amazing. Mine is mostly
On my nose and it's cleared it up no end.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »