Talk

Advanced search

Perineal tear problems 7 months on?

(1 Post)
maudementen19 Thu 21-May-20 11:31:13

Hello everyone!

So I had a baby in October last year, vaginal delivery, and had a second-degree tear that was stitched up. A few days later the stitches fell apart, the wound was infected and I started antibiotics. After about 8 weeks, me and my other half had sex, there was a lot of blood and low and behold the area became infected again. I was put on antibiotics once more and thought the area had healed. Until last week, I went out for a walk and was uncomfortable in that area, went to the toilet for a wee and saw blood in the toilet, and when checking its definitely from the same area. Does anyone else have a perineal wound that is still causing problems even after this long? I spoke to a Dr this morning who seems to think its haemorrhoids but it definitely isn't. She's discussing whether to bring me in to have a look at the area, but until then I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it. Sorry for the long message! Getting so frustrated with it! And really can't understand why it isn't healing properly

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »