Talk

Advanced search

Accidentally mixed bleach and Acetone

(8 Posts)
l00pylulu Wed 20-May-20 21:58:02

I spilt nail polish remover on my floor earlier, quite a bit. I had a cloth slacking in bleach and water. I did rinse it, but I’m not sure I did completely and used it to clean you the nail polish remover. I am now panicking after reading that you should never mix to the two. My 5 year old was also in the room asleep when I done this. I have now moved them.

OP’s posts: |
Idododoidadada Wed 20-May-20 22:03:05

It was diluted bleach the cloth was in, you then rinsed the cloth. I’m sure it will be fine. Did you open the window?
Did you check that the nail polish remover did have acetone in? A lot are acetone free now.

l00pylulu Wed 20-May-20 22:06:21

The windows were already all open as it has been warm. I haven’t checked, but I. Sure it has!

Clemmieandareallybigbunfight Wed 20-May-20 22:06:57

If you don't have any sort of respiratory distress you're fine. Ventilate the area and don't do it again.

l00pylulu Wed 20-May-20 22:09:45

I just checked, it’s made up acetone and water!

l00pylulu Wed 20-May-20 22:12:13

@Clemmieandareallybigbunfight, I’ve already decided that I’m not to soak anything in bleach ever again!

NameChangedToProtect1 Wed 20-May-20 22:17:03

The amounts you are describing are too small to worry about. Rinse the rag out just to make sure but if your eyes aren't streaming and you're not gagging or putting a fire out you are fine!

l00pylulu Wed 20-May-20 22:35:03

Thanks for putting my mind a rest!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »