Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So, women are supposed to consume, what is it? 2000 calories a day.

(6 Posts)
totaleclipse Wed 19-Sep-07 11:51:42

Is that based on the fact that we should be burning 2000 calories a day?

LizaRose Wed 19-Sep-07 11:53:23

I suppose it's an estimate of how many calories an average woman uses on an average day. Must vary widely between individuals, though.

Notyummy Wed 19-Sep-07 12:02:19

Yes, its a rough estimate of how much an average sized/averagely active woman needs to maintain her weight. If you are 4 ft 11, or do NOTHING but sit on your arse (or both!)then you will need less. If you are taller/heavier and have an active lifestyle, you will need more.

totaleclipse Wed 19-Sep-07 12:04:11

Thats alot, I am sure I dont burn 2000 calories a day.

Notyummy Wed 19-Sep-07 12:16:43

You'd be surprised. You burn calories just breathing and sleeping! There are some good sites on the internet where you can enter you weight and roughly how active you are, and they will give your basal metabolic rate (think thats what it is called)i.e an adjusted calorie count for you. Try putting in 'how many calories should I burn a day?' to google and you will probably find one.

JodieG1 Wed 19-Sep-07 12:19:02

www.calorie-count.com/calories/calories-burned.php

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now