Vaginal lump

(10 Posts)
FreshFancyFrogglette Fri 15-May-20 21:24:38

Hi all, I've just had a feel inside my vag, as something has been off for weeks. I thought initially maybe I'd left a tampon in, but I couldn't see/feel anything with investigation, so I forgot about it. Since then I've had lots of discharge, and quite a bad odour. Just had a feel again today and it definitley feels like there is a lump/cyst in there that bleeds heavily when touched. I haven't had a regular period for a few months so I don't think it's period blood. My cycle is extremely irregular though. Is this something that warrents a gp appointment given the current situation, or should I wait? Advice please. Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
beelzeboob Fri 15-May-20 21:28:00

Hi OP, definitely see your GP as this is not normal. Your GP would be happy to see you.

gamerchick Fri 15-May-20 21:31:46

Personally I'd try and get seen at a GUM clinic OP.

FreshFancyFrogglette Fri 15-May-20 21:45:00

Thanks. I'm not sure if the Gum is open as normal as it is part of the main hospital here, but I will try them smile Thanks for the advice.

OP’s posts: |
beelzeboob Fri 15-May-20 21:53:47

Unless you think it’s a STI then a GUM clinic probably won’t help. I would definitely speak with your GP first.

gamerchick Fri 15-May-20 22:09:09

A GUM clinic isn't just for STIs. No wonder people see a stigma attached

This is their area, everything you need in one place and a lot quicker treatment or referral if needed than through a GP.

gamerchick Fri 15-May-20 22:11:12

The last time I went I got an appointment with the gynecologist who them referred me for an urgent scan of my ovaries... An appointment I got while I was walking back to my car for the next day.

I had no STI.


planningaheadtoday Fri 15-May-20 22:22:28

Gum clinics are appropriate. The doctors have specialist knowledge of exactly the area you need treated. It's rapid, exact and free.

I have a complicated skin disorder that affects this area and I actively choose not to see my GP as the doctor at the GUM clinic is far more knowledgeable.

Where else can you book over the phone and see a clinical consultant the same week, that specialises in women's problems?

Fab service and I've never had an STD.

beelzeboob Fri 15-May-20 22:57:02

Oh! Well...learn something new every day I guess

indemMUND Fri 15-May-20 23:29:54

Definitely needs checking out.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in