Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My DS has been complaining of a pain in his stomach today

(14 Posts)
Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Sep-07 22:47:34

School warned me that he had been complaining of stomach ache, but he seemed fine when I picked him up, so I thought nothing more of it.

He is staying at his dad's tonight, and I have been informed that he started complaining again at bath time, and was saying it hurt on the right hand side, just under his ribs.
The pain then seemed to go again, and he appeared fine.

I am worrying a bit about this stomach pain now.

Any ideas what it could be?

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Sep-07 22:48:55

His dad said he appeared to be in quite a bit of pain when he was complaining, although it didn't seem to last that long.

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Tue 18-Sep-07 22:50:36

Has he pulled a muscle ?

fireflyfairy2 Tue 18-Sep-07 22:50:46

Does the pain move about? Or always in the same place?

directline Tue 18-Sep-07 22:51:44

Is it hurting now? Have they done PE today, maybe he pulled a muscle or something!

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Sep-07 22:55:40

I was wondering about a possible pulled muscle, as the pain isn't consistent. Not sure if they did PE.
I am just a bit of a worrier!

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Sep-07 22:56:34

Seems to be in the one place from what I can make out

ju Tue 18-Sep-07 23:02:30

PinkChampagne it could be 'anxious tummy'.
My DS2 had a lot of tummy pain when he startd reception last year. Dr said it's where they get tense (usually got it on PE day, was worried about getting himself changed bless). The pain is in the same place each time.

Of course I imagined that we had a grumbling appendix or somesuch dramatic explanation.

<drama queen>

It took about 6 months to pass, half a dozen of his classmates suffered similarly

directline Tue 18-Sep-07 23:03:45

Hope he has a comfortable night, will EX contact you if need be?

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Sep-07 23:08:39

Hadn't thought of the possibility of it being an anxious tummy, ju. He has just gone up to the juniors, so it could be something like that, but my mind is going into overdrive!

I would hope that ex H would contact me if there was a problem.

ju Tue 18-Sep-07 23:14:10

Hope he has a quiet night. Calpol helped mine with the 'spasms'. Just a thought, HTH

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Sep-07 23:14:44

Thanks, ju.

Pinkchampagne Wed 19-Sep-07 13:18:30

Well he was fine this morning, and went off to school ok, so I'm thinking it was probably nothing major!

Thanks for your replies.smile

ju Wed 19-Sep-07 18:11:50

Here's to another quiet night smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now