Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me I'm going into hospital again tomorrow, and really really scared!

(42 Posts)
directline Tue 18-Sep-07 22:42:16

They are going to remove the catheter and see what happens!hmm

I feel as though I am going to sit an exam, if I manage to be able to go to the loo, then they are going to keep me in over night for observation and encouragement, if nothing happens, then I have to start self cathetering againsad!!!!(I'm so not happy with that)

So please please everyone keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.

and all because I had a minor op on my bladder and then got an infection!shock Its been a very long three and a half months!

Dropdeadfred Tue 18-Sep-07 22:44:12

Best of luck!

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Tue 18-Sep-07 22:44:57

Best of luck.

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Tue 18-Sep-07 22:45:18

Scary Mary....grin

orangehead Tue 18-Sep-07 22:45:22

good luck, hope all goes well

MrsWeasley Tue 18-Sep-07 22:46:18

fingers crossed
Hope it all goes well

directline Tue 18-Sep-07 22:48:15

Thanks guys, I should be in bed as its a very early start tomorrow, have to be at the hospital by 8am and we live just under an hour away!(plus DH, wants to get to work on time and he works 40 mins in the opposite direction from our house!

Keep telling myself it cant get any worse!sad

Budababe Tue 18-Sep-07 22:48:50

Fingers crossed for you.

bookthief Tue 18-Sep-07 22:49:43

Good luck. I hope all goes to plan.

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Sep-07 22:52:15

Hope all goes ok for you tomorrow, DL, and they get you sorted.
What time are you going in?

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Sep-07 22:53:45

Sorry, just seen that you have posted that you are in at 8am. I only read the OP.
Good luck!

directline Tue 18-Sep-07 22:54:40

Have to be there for 8!

I'm really nervous, cant concerntrate on anything!

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Sep-07 22:59:04

I can imagine you are very anxious, especially with all you have been through recently.
Hope it goes ok for you. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

directline Tue 18-Sep-07 23:01:10

I keep thinking it cant get any worse and then something does! Cant believe I have agreed to self catheter thou, must be getting desperatesad!

Pinkchampagne Wed 19-Sep-07 08:28:59

Poor you, hope there is an end to this soon.
Thinking of you today.

directline Thu 20-Sep-07 13:24:21

I'm home!

Was really fed up and cheesed off as they took my catheter away and everytime I sat on the loo, NOTHING, 20 mins (approx) I would wet myself,

WELL the good news is...........................................................

Since being home, although I am still wetting myself, I HAVE WEE'D ON THE TOILETshock

grin shock grin shock grin shock

I'm just so excited, it was only little and I havent managed another one, but it shows there is still some hope!

bookthief Thu 20-Sep-07 14:19:12

That's good news. Not that you're wetting yourself but that things are looking brighter iykwim!

directline Thu 20-Sep-07 14:32:30

Yes, it is in a funny kind of way - I think!

Just seems strange that its good news for wetting myself!hmm At least my bladder is working somehow!grin

Pinkchampagne Thu 20-Sep-07 16:07:10

Well I'm glad to hear things are kind of improving, DL. Lets hope you have a normal strong bladder soon, and when you jump on that trampoline without wetting yourself, you will know it's all been worth it!!wink

directline Thu 20-Sep-07 17:37:33

Havent been able to wee sincesadHad lots of accidents thou, Have spoken to my line manager about not going in tomorrow, feel really guilty, but what can you do when you have no control and you have to keep going to the loo every 15 mins!sad

NoNameToday Thu 20-Sep-07 17:58:04

Don't really know your full problems directline, but you have my sympathy and my good luck wishes.

Just don't go peeing yourself with the excitement of having the catheter removed...

directline Thu 20-Sep-07 17:59:11

Thanks nonametoday, I dont think I'm that excited!wink

Budababe Thu 20-Sep-07 18:00:33

Sounds like a step in the right direction. Not sure of your story but best wishes!!!

Pinkchampagne Thu 20-Sep-07 18:00:35

I'm sure A understood, DL. You can't attempt work just yet.

directline Thu 20-Sep-07 18:03:56

That should read go to the loo every 45mins (not 15!)

You should have seen the supplies they have sent me home with - 40 huge nappies, loads of inco pads, and loads of those netted knickers(which is quite good as I only had 3prs and had to keep washing them out!)

Mind you I wish I didnt need them, its like potty training all over again, this time its me!sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now