Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tiny little round lump in earlobe?

(7 Posts)
MoreTeaVicar Tue 18-Sep-07 21:49:06

DD age 12 has a tiny round lump in her earlobe, it hurts to squeeze and is not visible, any ideas what this could be? About size of a tiny pea.

Wilkie Tue 18-Sep-07 21:50:02

Is it near to the edge?? Could be a small blocked duct. I had one AGES ago that eventually burst when I squeezed it and pus came out.

Beautiful. grin

PillockOfTheCommunity Tue 18-Sep-07 21:50:50

I get this, then it disappears, then comes back, has been like this for years, asked the doctor once and he said it was just a small cyst and while he could give me anti-biotics he'd rather just let it go away on his own

MoreTeaVicar Tue 18-Sep-07 21:56:36

No its not near the edge of the lobe but closer to where it joins the face if that makes sense. So you think there is no cause for concern then? I am such a worrier.

Wilkie Tue 18-Sep-07 21:58:31

Mine was at the point where the lobe joined the face on the edge. Have you tried gently squeexing it?? Can you see a black/white head?

(and no, I don't think it is anything to worry about)

MoreTeaVicar Tue 18-Sep-07 22:03:01

No Wilkie, I cant see a thing but that maybe due to eyesight and the lighting not being too good wink, I did squeeze the lump but she said it hurt and I stopped. I'll have another look tomorrow in a good light.

Wilkie Tue 18-Sep-07 22:03:49

FWIW - mine hurt like buggery until it popped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now