We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone had wisdom teeth out?

(13 Posts)
fihi Tue 18-Sep-07 21:46:25

mine went to the great tooth fairy (hope she's been to the gym) a week ago and it's still hurtin like hell. Isit normal?

zisforzebra Tue 18-Sep-07 21:52:08

I remember mine hurting for a good two weeks (I had all four out under GA) but if you are worried you could call your dentist. smile

fihi Tue 18-Sep-07 21:56:07

thanks z. halfway there then...

LoveMyGirls Tue 18-Sep-07 21:58:28

I was taking strong pain killers (pamadol? I think) mouthwash (oraldene) and anbesol. I was in so much pain.

Hope it starts to ease very soon!

Cammelia Tue 18-Sep-07 22:06:56

I had the bottom 2 out 2 years ago and it hurt far far more afterwards
than I'd been led to believe. I had them out awake with only local anaesthetic so they didn't bash me around as much they might have. Still felt like my jaw had been dislocated though.

fihi Tue 18-Sep-07 22:11:08

need those painkillers, will ask, i'm on codeine and just feel pssd, not pain-less. producing 3 kids didn't hurt this much. i discovered that anbesol stuff the other day (DH PHL thought it was for a different,er,place-not the mouth)but can i figure out how to make it stay where i want it??

LoveMyGirls Tue 18-Sep-07 22:12:12

use you finger or bend a cotton bud. its tricky! use a cocktail stick (bent) to egt food out of the places food gets stuck as well - don't know if you are having that prob but i did!

Cammelia Tue 18-Sep-07 22:12:39

And the soreness was horrid, they are wounds that have to heal. Salt mouthwash anyone?

zookeeper Tue 18-Sep-07 22:14:01

Could it be infected? I had mine out recently and was fine but remember the dentist expressly telling me not to stick a finger or anything else in the hole so I wouldn't fiddle with it.

Cammelia Tue 18-Sep-07 22:14:58

I was given a course of antib's to prevent that.

fihi Tue 18-Sep-07 22:18:16

eee making my eyes water with talk of salt water!! me thinkin cud be infected, it's y i asked the q to start with cos have no clue how long it's supposed to take to fix.

Cammelia Tue 18-Sep-07 22:19:38

Salt mouthwash will ease the pain after a little sting! And help if there is an infection

fihi Tue 18-Sep-07 22:21:38

yumm.willing to try anything -otherwise no sleeeps for me 2nite. thank u!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now