Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ex is in intensive care after a vasectomy!

(56 Posts)
carol3 Tue 18-Sep-07 21:33:52

tital says it all exdh father of my three dc's had a vasectomy on friday. then sunday stared feeling unwell anyway in a nutshell he is critical with septicemiia, cellulitus, gangrean had his scrotum removed. They are waiting till the morning to do more surgery as very unstable. He's been on a venolator, but off that at the moment. Just in shock.

expatinscotland Tue 18-Sep-07 21:37:15

Wow! So sorry to hear that.

I'm foreign, and have known countless men who had vasectomies and never a one has had a problem with it.

I've only heard about men having problems with it here.

hmm

coleyboy Tue 18-Sep-07 21:38:21

Lordy! Am speechless, and that doesn't happen very often.

I don't know anything about your exh, so he may be the biggest shit ever. But, this sounds awful and I hope they manage to stabilise and treat him.

TellusMater Tue 18-Sep-07 21:39:31

God.

shock

Really hope he recovers.

lucykate Tue 18-Sep-07 21:39:41

good grief, thats awful. do your dc's know yet? not surprised you are in shock.

Hulababy Tue 18-Sep-07 21:40:16

Hope he is okay.

carol3 Tue 18-Sep-07 21:49:54

sorry, phone not stopped, have just told dc's daddy poorly in hospital and he has a bug so they can't vistit yet. Yesterday though was told to prepare to bring them in to say goodbye how do you tell a child that.

Get on ok with ex very strange at the hospital as his girlfiend (who ha had an affair with) is there and this is the first time I had met her. I think the hospital are slightly confused.

Poor guy though looks awful, they are just trying to control effects of septicemia at the mo.

sparkler Tue 18-Sep-07 21:51:54

Goodness me. shock That poor man. sad This has to be a very rare case. DH had a vasectomy at beginning of this year and ended up with an infection, he was in absolute agony.

CarGirl Tue 18-Sep-07 21:52:49

okay, perhaps I will not ask dh to have the snip that is really really scarey. Hope he gets better soon and that your children are okay with it all (and that you don't lamp the OW)

SofiaAmes Tue 18-Sep-07 21:53:18

Hate to bring it up, but are you completely divorced? Has he made will provisions for your dc's?

KaySamuels Tue 18-Sep-07 21:55:02

Oh god poor bloke! No on deserves that. Hope he gets through it ok for your dcs. sad

Tortington Tue 18-Sep-07 21:55:07

shock good grief. so sorry xx

gess Tue 18-Sep-07 21:55:14

Bloody hell. poor bloke. Hope he makes a full recovery, and hope your children aren't too frightened. A friend's dh had an infection following his- same guy did dh's- no problems thankfully.

carol3 Tue 18-Sep-07 21:58:30

no not divorced, seperated nov last year he's been with girlfiend since. he has the kids alot though as I work nights so we are proberly closer than alot of seperated couples.
Don't think his girlfriend is to happy with me at the hospital but I don't care, at the end of the day I was with him 12 yrs and he's the father of my children, and I still love him even though more like a brother

gess Tue 18-Sep-07 22:00:40

gosh only separated last year. Must be tough. Hope you['re OK xx

expatinscotland Tue 18-Sep-07 22:01:28

And you are not divorced, so he is not just your childrens' father, you are also his legal next of kin.

carol3 Tue 18-Sep-07 22:03:09

thanks, am just dong my usuall thing when i'm stressed running around like a headless chicken. I'm still very close to his parents so they have been staying with me, just feel drained tonight but my head is buzzing

carol3 Tue 18-Sep-07 22:36:38

RnB Tue 18-Sep-07 22:38:59

Message withdrawn

gess Tue 18-Sep-07 22:40:01

How nice that his parents are still able to stay with you & that you have that relationship. Hope you can support each other through this.

Pinkchampagne Tue 18-Sep-07 22:40:06

Oh my goodness, how awful!shocksad

Tickle Tue 18-Sep-07 22:40:46

poor you - wishing him the stregth and stamina to fight off the septicaemia - my FIL did at Easter, and it was touch and go.

Good luck x

TotalChaos Tue 18-Sep-07 22:41:13

hope he makes a full recovery. sorry to hear this.

eleusis Tue 18-Sep-07 22:47:05

How old are the DCs?

eleusis Wed 19-Sep-07 11:07:49

How is he?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now