Neck ache/sore throat

(8 Posts)
Vlcos157 Fri 08-May-20 19:00:40

For three weeks I have been suffering with a neck pain. It started with tenderness under right jaw, which felt puffy no swellings. Permanent headache in right temple and sore in throat area but not an actually sore throat.

I spoke to my dentist who gave me amoxicillin incase it was a tooth problem. GP recommended I do that. GP said it was probably viral.

I have a history of tonsillitis but they look fine.

Antibiotics did nothing.

Now headache has eased and jaw pain. But I sometimes feel like I am getting a sore throat. Middle of neck is aching at top for last few days.

Is it worth going ign back to GP or just riding it out

OP’s posts: |
Pelleas Sat 09-May-20 00:17:50

I would go back to GP - three weeks is a long time.

Vlcos157 Sat 09-May-20 09:38:14

I will ring them Monday, been up all night with throbbing in neck on right side :-(

Pelleas Sat 09-May-20 09:49:09

If it gets worse, you could try 111 - you might have to do it online in the first instance.

Vlcos157 Sat 09-May-20 22:57:53

I got a video appt with the local walk in clinic. They think it's nothing serious. Just to take anti inflammatries. hard when you can't see the GP

justasking111 Sat 09-May-20 22:59:42

DS just had this, dentist gave him two different antibiotics to take for five days, they worked. It is a wisdom tooth causing the problem.

Vlcos157 Sat 09-May-20 23:01:28

Dentist gave me amoxicillin which didn't work. I have no wisdom tooth but do have a, crack in a second to back molar!

Advertisement

justasking111 Sat 09-May-20 23:08:46

DS gad amoxycillin 500mg and metronidazole 400mg both to be taken 3 times a day for 5 days. Do not use alcohol it said.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in