Talk

Advanced search

Neck ache/sore throat

(8 Posts)
Vlcos157 Fri 08-May-20 19:00:40

For three weeks I have been suffering with a neck pain. It started with tenderness under right jaw, which felt puffy no swellings. Permanent headache in right temple and sore in throat area but not an actually sore throat.

I spoke to my dentist who gave me amoxicillin incase it was a tooth problem. GP recommended I do that. GP said it was probably viral.

I have a history of tonsillitis but they look fine.

Antibiotics did nothing.

Now headache has eased and jaw pain. But I sometimes feel like I am getting a sore throat. Middle of neck is aching at top for last few days.

Is it worth going ign back to GP or just riding it out

OP’s posts: |
Pelleas Sat 09-May-20 00:17:50

I would go back to GP - three weeks is a long time.

Vlcos157 Sat 09-May-20 09:38:14

I will ring them Monday, been up all night with throbbing in neck on right side :-(

Pelleas Sat 09-May-20 09:49:09

If it gets worse, you could try 111 - you might have to do it online in the first instance.

Vlcos157 Sat 09-May-20 22:57:53

I got a video appt with the local walk in clinic. They think it's nothing serious. Just to take anti inflammatries. hard when you can't see the GP

justasking111 Sat 09-May-20 22:59:42

DS just had this, dentist gave him two different antibiotics to take for five days, they worked. It is a wisdom tooth causing the problem.

Vlcos157 Sat 09-May-20 23:01:28

Dentist gave me amoxicillin which didn't work. I have no wisdom tooth but do have a, crack in a second to back molar!

justasking111 Sat 09-May-20 23:08:46

DS gad amoxycillin 500mg and metronidazole 400mg both to be taken 3 times a day for 5 days. Do not use alcohol it said.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »