Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can everyone please send get well messages to my dad............

(29 Posts)
SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Mon 17-Sep-07 23:30:28

.........sad he was admitted to hospital this morning with internal bleeding in his stomach (hes been off colour litterally for a couple of days). he's had an endoscopy and they have said that he has a large mass, non cancerous, but they dont know what it is, and a huge area bleeding into his stomach. they think they've stopped the bleeding but he has to stay in for observations and to have another endoscopy in a few days.

apparantly this is common in alcoholics but my dad is basically tee-total so they cant work out what has caused it!

WOuld be lovely if people could send get well messages and prayers for him please?

Am much happier now iv seen him but still quite worried!

MaryBleedinPoppins Mon 17-Sep-07 23:34:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WotsZePoint Mon 17-Sep-07 23:36:37

prayers and good vibes to your dad

1dilemma Mon 17-Sep-07 23:38:05

Get well soon Staceys Dad, hope he's feeling better and gets home soon too.

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Mon 17-Sep-07 23:42:50

thank you!

just needed to get it out i think! thanks for the get well messages! smile

WotsZePoint Mon 17-Sep-07 23:46:17

Keep us updated, really hope he feels better soon and gets well.

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Mon 17-Sep-07 23:47:40

thank you, am off to bed now, its been a long day!

WotsZePoint Mon 17-Sep-07 23:53:24

sleep well

bookthief Mon 17-Sep-07 23:57:15

Hope your dad gets well very soon Stacey.

mummylin2495 Tue 18-Sep-07 00:12:30

my stepfather has just come out of hosp after bleeding in his stomach,it was caused by the amount of warfarin he was taking and blood vessels in his stomach were leaking.the warfarin thinned the blood too much and it wasnt clotting,he also had a blood transfusion and is now back home . good luck to your dad

TnOgu Tue 18-Sep-07 00:13:40

Thoughts and prayers.

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Tue 18-Sep-07 11:16:40

mummylin, my dad is on medication for his diabeties (i dont know which ones) do you think that could be the cause?

mummylin2495 Tue 18-Sep-07 11:34:33

i wouldnt like to take a guess,but maybe its a possibility.The hospital will soon sort it out and i hope it will be something easily sortable for your dad.Maybe it will be a case of looking at his medicines he is taking but he is in the right place,Sending him good wishes.

summer111 Tue 18-Sep-07 18:44:05

oh you poor thing, I really hope your Dad's better soon. Take care too.

lovey Tue 18-Sep-07 20:39:43

Your Dad is in my prayers x

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Tue 18-Sep-07 21:02:59

right, update:

it's his medication (metformin) causing psoriosis (sp?!?) of the liver, and the bleeding in his stomach.

they are moving him to Kings college hospital as they dont deal with these problems at the one hes in.

hes definately going to be put on insulin now rather than his tablets for his diabeties. he probably still needs more blood transfusions as he's very aneamic and still quite yellow.

however as long as the bleeding doesnt start again they think its all under control, so am breathing a sigh of relief for now!

thanks for all the kind words and prayers!

littlemissmischief Tue 18-Sep-07 21:18:51

Hey Stacey sorry i didnt know bout this before.. my thoughts go to you all and my prayers and get well wishes to your dad x

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Tue 18-Sep-07 21:20:12

no need for apologies, not been in the mood much for mumsnet (which is odd).

im feeling a lot better now iv been to visit but its still a big shock!

all the docs keep saying he should have been in lots of pain and vomitting etc. but hes had none of that so we had no idea!

mummylin2495 Tue 18-Sep-07 21:34:55

glad to hear it is something they can deal with quite quickl,he willfeel a lot better after having the blood transfusion.al the best for him for a quick recovery

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Tue 18-Sep-07 21:37:23

thank you!

they are saying 15 days or so, so hopefully not too long!

although mum was supposed to be going to spain for the weekend with my auntie and now she doesnt want to go sad

WotsZePoint Tue 18-Sep-07 21:53:44

Glad to hear the update, maybe you can sleep slightly easier tonight.
Tough about your mum, does she have holiday insurance to cover her costs?

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Tue 18-Sep-07 22:04:04

WZP, doubt she has insurance but it was only the flights as my auntie has a flat out there so they only paid flights.

dont think they're bothered about the money, but me and dad both think mum should still go, but shes not going to, i know shes not!

Charlee Wed 19-Sep-07 15:00:25

Get well Staceys Dad. smile

stressteddy Wed 19-Sep-07 15:02:10

Love to all
Special hug for you sleepless
>>>>>hug<<<<<<<

flamingtoaster Wed 19-Sep-07 15:02:46

Wishing Stacey's Dad a speedy recovery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now