Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome - anyone have any experience?

(5 Posts)
Aimsmum Mon 17-Sep-07 21:54:25

Message withdrawn

DottyDot Mon 17-Sep-07 21:57:01

A friend of mine's dd has got this - she's 4 now and has had it since she was born - was in fact born by emergency section at about 34 weeks as they picked it up at that point.

She's fine but is on medication and seen regularly I think at hospital. Very recently they tried getting her off the medication as I think children can sometimes grow out of it, but she had another episode so she's back on it.

I think an operation's being talked about for her as well, but for the moment she's fine - has started school, is perfectly happy and healthy in every other respect.

Aimsmum Mon 17-Sep-07 22:07:52

Message withdrawn

DottyDot Mon 17-Sep-07 22:16:54

Yes it does - it took time to get the dose right, but she was attack-free for a long time. It's really unfortunate she's recently had another one as it means she can't come off the medication entirely, but they'd reduced it a lot and hopefully she'll be OK for a good while longer until she's old enough to have the operation.

Aimsmum Tue 18-Sep-07 15:34:42

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now