Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Severe PMT...

(5 Posts)
Wilkie Mon 17-Sep-07 21:44:24

I suffer with PMDD which is a severe form of PMT. I take Citalopram for the depressive side effective of this hormonal problem but have found that although it curbs my depression, it doesn't help the irritability.

I am snappy, nasty and prickly to my DH for a good 10 days running up to my period and then for a couple of days after it starting. I don't tend to be like it with other people cos I wouldn't get away with it but DH is very understanding. I have a general feeling of wanting to hermit away and not see anyone until it has passed.

I hate myself when I am being a bitch but cannot stop myself.

What should I do? Any suggestions

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 17-Sep-07 21:47:55

Nope. No advice.

Get the self same thing myself. Admittedly not as bad as you. Have been similar myself this week.

Impairs my judgement and assessment of things tremendously.

Wilkie Mon 17-Sep-07 21:50:10

It's awful. Have had it since I was 15. Was only diagnosed 3 years ago. It's better cos the depression/anxiety has calmed with the Citalopram but the irritability is AWFUL. My poor poor DH

MorocconOil Mon 17-Sep-07 21:57:32

I've been using Agnus Castus which has made me a bit better. It took several months to kick in though.

I think yours sounds more severe than mine ever was though.

Yes your poor DH, but poor you too.

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 17-Sep-07 22:06:12

I am on Sertraline for PND, but, it doesnt really deal with the PMT.

I often dont realise that I have a problem until it has passed, iykwim?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now