Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Waking up tired

(6 Posts)
oneplusone Mon 17-Sep-07 13:36:57

No matter what time I go to bed I always wake up feeling awful, just can't open my eyes and takes me ages to just drag myself out of bed. Once I'm up and have had breakfast I feel fine but I just hate feeling so awful when I first wake up. Is this normal? Does anyone else feel like this? Any tips on how to combat it?

I get woken usually at about 6am by DS sceaming in the room next door. 6am is actually good for us as he was waking at 5am a while ago. I think my natural wake up time is around 7am so maybe that's why I feel so awful at 6am but I just dread the mornings as it so hard to wake myself up.

Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.

sparklesandwine Mon 17-Sep-07 13:51:10

lol i don't think there's any escape from the tired feeling!

but i think you should go to your gp you may be anemic this could be causing your tiredness, but depending on what your routine is i couldn't really say

I used to get very tired and discovered it was because i was drinking caffine too late in the day and it was disturbing my sleep i now have to cram in as many coffee's as i can before 2pm or i'm screwed sleepwise!

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 17-Sep-07 13:54:01

You may be snoring in your sleep - or suffering from sleep apnoea.

Go see your GP smile

oneplusone Mon 17-Sep-07 14:17:19

hi, sparkles, yes that's what i was thinking, that there is no escape from the tired feeling once DC's are on the scene. But you're right that I could be anaemic as someone else has also mentioned that to me in relation to another problem I have which is my hair falling out (but that's another thread) although that has improved recently.

In terms of routine, I do feel drained at teh moment as my DD is currently on her 10th week of summer holidays (i know it's ridiculous but she doesn't start reception til next monday and it's not a private school or anything) and I have been manically keeping both DC's fed, watered, washed, entertained, etc etc singlehandedly for the last 10 weeks and I feel I am just hanging on til next week when she starts school and i can have my mornings back (altho will still have DS who is 17 months so very active). Myabe that's what it just, just the effect of the looooong summer holidays?

time4tea Mon 17-Sep-07 18:49:21

might also be a thyroid problem - easily mistaken for general new mother tiredness and fobbed off by doctors, friends etc.

newgirl Mon 17-Sep-07 19:08:06

multi vits and iron might help and then lots of time to yourself!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: