Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does coming off Citalopram quickly cause dizziness?

(10 Posts)
Quootiepie Mon 17-Sep-07 13:19:25

The past few days I have been really dizzy and spaced out, and all I can think of is I stopped taking 40mg of Citalopram about a week ago - would that cause it?

bubblerock Mon 17-Sep-07 13:21:09

Yep - I think you're supposed to decrease the dose gradually (take half a tablet).

Threadworm Mon 17-Sep-07 13:21:52

Yes, it will do exactly that. Reduce dose gradually

Quootiepie Mon 17-Sep-07 13:30:26

I didn't mean to come off it, just keep forgetting to get more. I keep tripping and falling over blush I look drunk!

fakeblonde Mon 17-Sep-07 13:34:22

You are on a very high dose to come off so suddenly.
I was very careful because i got so dizzy if i forgot 1 !
I reduced over 3 months gradually.I think you should discuss it with your gp or at least stay on 20mgs for a while and then 10.I then took 1 10mg tab every other day for a while.

Threadworm Mon 17-Sep-07 13:35:25

I've done the forgetting-to-get-more thing loads of times! If you are actually tripping over, migjht be worth going to doc? -- if only to get more pills.

Threadworm Mon 17-Sep-07 13:36:01

Do you have very vivid dreams when you forget to take your pills? I do.

Quootiepie Mon 17-Sep-07 13:45:09

Have vivid dreams anyway! DH just got me a repeat prescription form.

ShinyHappySchmooo Mon 17-Sep-07 13:50:15

I've just come off my 10mg dose and I did that gradually. Took one every other day for a bit than one every three days.. now I'm off. Although everything's so effing stressful that God know's if I'll stay off them.

DH is on 20mg. He tried to come off and felt so awful around the 1st anniversary of his mum's (sudden) death, that he's back on them again.

There are a lot of us on this drug aren't there!

Quootiepie Mon 17-Sep-07 13:51:12

It's pretty much the most common I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now